Golf has always been a very popular sport which continues to grow year on year, and a recent report by Golf Digest revealed that in the US for example, in 2020, there was increase of over 500,000 players which is the largest net increase for 17 years. Female golfers also increased in numbers, with an increase of 8% year on year, the highest over the last 5 years.
Whether you are an amateur golfer or an experienced pro, Spain is one of the premier Golfing Destinations in the world and boasts around 400 courses, so along with it’s 300 days of sunshine per year and it’s fabulous lifestyle options, it’s no wonder that Golf is also on the increase here with reports suggesting that over 1.2m of the 50m tourists that visit Spain each year, come here purely for golfing purposes.
In order to capitalize on the market and to meet growing demand, many golf courses especially in the Costa Blanca & Murcia regions have increased their attractiveness by inviting architects and developers to the areas in and around the course, to create ‘Residential Golf Communities’ resulting in a number of Golf Properties for Sale in Spain hitting the market over recent years.
Here’s just some of the reasons why buying a Golf Property in Murcia or Buying a Golf Property in the Costa Blanca is proving to be very popular right now:
- Many of the resorts will now offer additional facilities rather than just the golf course, and these will include swimming pools, fitness centres, restaurants/bars and shops so they can appeal to a wider audience
- Given that the courses are extremely well looked after, the views on offer can be simply exquisite such as the beautifully manicured lawns & water features of the course, and the scenes of the local area which could include mountains, valleys & the sea.
- Most of the resorts being built now, offer tighter security with some even offering 24/7 security patrols, which gives you greater piece of mind especially if you buy for holiday home purposes and don’t live there throughout the year
- Can be extremely peaceful & quiet, especially during the night but even throughout the day which is perfect if you just want to relax and de-stress
- Benefit from both an excellent rental yield (especially on the more popular resorts) and according to European Tour Destinations, an excellent re-sale value as golf property values command, on average, a 20 per cent premium over neighbouring properties.
Given the sheer number of Golf Resorts across the major hotspots, it will also come as no surprise that most of them are within a nice easy drive of the main Airport Hubs, and won’t be too far away from amenities such as Blue Flag Beaches, Healthcare centres, Schools, Supermarkets, Banks, Bars and Restaurants, perfect for all year round living, holiday home living or as rental investments.
Golf in Spain will also take a huge boost in popularity next year too, as for the first time in its history, Spain is the host country for the 2023 Solheim Cup, which will be held at the Finca Cortesin Course, in the Costa Del Sol between the 18th to the 24th September.
In the case of Simply Spanish Homes, we’ve got access to some of the best Golf Properties for Sale in Murcia and the Costa Blanca, which include Los Naranjos de Alhama, Urb Mar Menor Golf, Residential Bahia Golf, Alatona Golf, Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort, Hacienda del Alamo and many more. You can find apartments, townhouses and villas for sale including New Build Property and Re-Sale Properties starting from as little as €70,000.
Here’s a few links to just some of the Golf Properties we currently have for sale, that might interest you. Click on the links for further information on each property, or contact us directly here and let’s start you on your Golf Property Journey: